I’m getting a problem with my storage drive these days… by having a low disk drive space in my PC! then i check all the forlders/sub folder of all my storage drive… and i notice that, i used more than 80GB in my drive C:\ but when i check all the folders.. its only 60G!
thanks to my co-officemate, by sharing the info about the USB VIRUS! or update.exe ( source auditmypc.com )
These virus is eating up my disk drive! ( click here to view comment on the said virus )
Now how to remove the virus!
1. Open a folder… then tools > folder option.
2. Click view tab.. then click.. show hidden files and folders..
3. Uncheck the hide extension & hide protecting operating system files.
4. Go to Local Drive C:\ then Document and Settings.
5. Explore all the User Access.. but normally it goes to your primary user login!
6. Go to Local Settings > Application Data > Start
note: if u see a folder name UPDATE inside start folder.. delete it.. but you cant delete it right away.. press CTRL + ALT + DEL.. finde update.exe and end task!. now you can delete the update folder!
7. then go back to the Application Data folder.. if you see a folder name like this DCBC2A71-70D8-4DAN-EHR8-E0D61DEA3FDF or something like that explore it… you will be suprise to see all your files inside the folder!!
Note : just delete the folder and empty your recycle bin!
now check you drive C:\
for vista user’s / standard user‘s :
Try disabling UAC first in Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account
Control On or Off. Or Log-On to your Administrator Account.
TIP on using USB.. dont double click it when accessing the drive… just explore it! and turn off your USB auto run features!
HOPE THIS GUIDE WILL HELP YOU OUT!